Re: Wargaming scenaro booklet - help requested

  • scottmingus
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
      --- In TalkAntietam@y..., "Ray Ortensie" <photoray@p...> wrote:
      > Scott:
      >
      > Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking
      for a place
      > to buy molds but am not having any luck.
      >
      > Ray

      Hello Ray!

      I buy my miniatures (15mm) from such companies as Musket Miniatures,
      Stone Mountain, Old Glory, Essex, Peter Pig, and similar
      manufacturers. I do not know of anyone who sells 15mm molds to make
      your own. However, there are molds for larger figures (54mm most
      predominantly) that are occasionally offered for sale by toy solider
      collectors / dealers. Since I wargame and do not collect traditional
      toy lead soldiers, I do not have a good list of all makers.

      However, there is one moldmaker that offers an extensive line of 54mm
      scale molds for casting your own toy soldiers.

      http://www.princeaugust.ie/moulds/index.html

      Regards, and good luck pursuing this effort!

      Scott
    • Ray Ortensie
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
        Thanks Scott. You can also add me to your list to proof-read your manual.
        Just send it to photoray@...

        Ray

        > > Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking
        > for a place
        > > to buy molds but am not having any luck.
        > >
        > > Ray
        >
        > Hello Ray!
        >
        > I buy my miniatures (15mm) from such companies as Musket Miniatures,
        > Stone Mountain, Old Glory, Essex, Peter Pig, and similar
        > manufacturers. I do not know of anyone who sells 15mm molds to make
        > your own. However, there are molds for larger figures (54mm most
        > predominantly) that are occasionally offered for sale by toy solider
        > collectors / dealers. Since I wargame and do not collect traditional
        > toy lead soldiers, I do not have a good list of all makers.
        >
        > However, there is one moldmaker that offers an extensive line of 54mm
        > scale molds for casting your own toy soldiers.
        >
        > http://www.princeaugust.ie/moulds/index.html
        >
        > Regards, and good luck pursuing this effort!
        >
        > Scott

      • stephen connor
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
          hi I would be happy to play test/proof read the senarios if you have nothing
          against an englishmabs point of view

          yours steve connor

          ps have been wargaming acw for 10 years