Re: [TalkAntietam] Wargaming scenaro booklet - help requested

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
      Scott, you can sign me up as a volunteer to proof-read your material.

      Send the file to me at: rotbaron@...

      I enjoy many of the popular Civil War boardgames such as Gamers' "In Their
      Quiet Fields" which is about Antietam.
      Although your work deals with minatures, I believe I can be of help.

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA
    • scottmingus
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
        --- In TalkAntietam@y..., "Ray Ortensie" <photoray@p...> wrote:
        > Scott:
        >
        > Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking
        for a place
        > to buy molds but am not having any luck.
        >
        > Ray

        Hello Ray!

        I buy my miniatures (15mm) from such companies as Musket Miniatures,
        Stone Mountain, Old Glory, Essex, Peter Pig, and similar
        manufacturers. I do not know of anyone who sells 15mm molds to make
        your own. However, there are molds for larger figures (54mm most
        predominantly) that are occasionally offered for sale by toy solider
        collectors / dealers. Since I wargame and do not collect traditional
        toy lead soldiers, I do not have a good list of all makers.

        However, there is one moldmaker that offers an extensive line of 54mm
        scale molds for casting your own toy soldiers.

        http://www.princeaugust.ie/moulds/index.html

        Regards, and good luck pursuing this effort!

        Scott
      • Ray Ortensie
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
          Thanks Scott. You can also add me to your list to proof-read your manual.
          Just send it to photoray@...

          Ray

          > > Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking
          > for a place
          > > to buy molds but am not having any luck.
          > >
          > > Ray
          >
          > Hello Ray!
          >
          > I buy my miniatures (15mm) from such companies as Musket Miniatures,
          > Stone Mountain, Old Glory, Essex, Peter Pig, and similar
          > manufacturers. I do not know of anyone who sells 15mm molds to make
          > your own. However, there are molds for larger figures (54mm most
          > predominantly) that are occasionally offered for sale by toy solider
          > collectors / dealers. Since I wargame and do not collect traditional
          > toy lead soldiers, I do not have a good list of all makers.
          >
          > However, there is one moldmaker that offers an extensive line of 54mm
          > scale molds for casting your own toy soldiers.
          >
          > http://www.princeaugust.ie/moulds/index.html
          >
          > Regards, and good luck pursuing this effort!
          >
          > Scott

        • stephen connor
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
            hi I would be happy to play test/proof read the senarios if you have nothing
            against an englishmabs point of view

            yours steve connor

            ps have been wargaming acw for 10 years