Wargaming scenaro booklet - help requested

  • scottmingus
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
      Hello!

      My name is Scott Mingus (York PA) and I'm a veteran miniature
      wargamer. My booklet on Gettysburg will be out in late April
      ("Enduring Valor: Gettysburg in Miniature").

      I am currently working on a companion volume entitled "Undying
      Courage: Antietam in Miniature." Among my many references are Mike
      Priest's work as well as Curt Johnson's Artillery Hell.

      Would anyone on this board be willing to help proofread / critique
      the Antietam work so far? If so, please let me know and I'll send you
      e-mail copies of the rough drafts.

      So far, the table of contents looks like this...

      1) Quebec Schoolhouse
      2) Fox's Gap AM
      3) Fox's Gap PM
      4) Turner's Gap
      5) Crampton's Gap
      6) Skirmish in the East Woods
      7) Dawn in the Cornfield
      8) Mansfield's Attack
      9) Massacre in the West Woods
      10) Dunker Church
      11) Sunken Road
      12) Burnside's Bridge
      13) Hill's Counterattack
      14) Sheperdstown

      I may add a Harper's Ferry scenario, but a) I have yet to locate a
      detailed enough area map and b) it's tough to wargame a one-sided
      surrender.

      The gaming system is 15mm scale Johnny RebIII. I have all scenarios
      completed except for proofing and final playtesting. What I need are
      unbiased opinions and changes / deletions / additions from the
      experts.

      Curt, in particular since you are a fellow gamer, let me know if you
      can be of service.

      regards!

      P.S. for more information on the hobby of miniature Civil War
      wargaming, please see my website at
      http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index

      Scott Mingus
    • Ray Ortensie
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
        Scott:

        Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking for a place
        to buy molds but am not having any luck.

        Ray
      • rotbaron@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
          Scott, you can sign me up as a volunteer to proof-read your material.

          Send the file to me at: rotbaron@...

          I enjoy many of the popular Civil War boardgames such as Gamers' "In Their
          Quiet Fields" which is about Antietam.
          Although your work deals with minatures, I believe I can be of help.

          Tom Shay - Cressona, PA
        • scottmingus
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
            --- In TalkAntietam@y..., "Ray Ortensie" <photoray@p...> wrote:
            > Scott:
            >
            > Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking
            for a place
            > to buy molds but am not having any luck.
            >
            > Ray

            Hello Ray!

            I buy my miniatures (15mm) from such companies as Musket Miniatures,
            Stone Mountain, Old Glory, Essex, Peter Pig, and similar
            manufacturers. I do not know of anyone who sells 15mm molds to make
            your own. However, there are molds for larger figures (54mm most
            predominantly) that are occasionally offered for sale by toy solider
            collectors / dealers. Since I wargame and do not collect traditional
            toy lead soldiers, I do not have a good list of all makers.

            However, there is one moldmaker that offers an extensive line of 54mm
            scale molds for casting your own toy soldiers.

            http://www.princeaugust.ie/moulds/index.html

            Regards, and good luck pursuing this effort!

            Scott
          • Ray Ortensie
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
              Thanks Scott. You can also add me to your list to proof-read your manual.
              Just send it to photoray@...

              Ray

              > > Do you cast your own miniatures or do you buy them? I'm looking
              > for a place
              > > to buy molds but am not having any luck.
              > >
              > > Ray
              >
              > Hello Ray!
              >
              > I buy my miniatures (15mm) from such companies as Musket Miniatures,
              > Stone Mountain, Old Glory, Essex, Peter Pig, and similar
              > manufacturers. I do not know of anyone who sells 15mm molds to make
              > your own. However, there are molds for larger figures (54mm most
              > predominantly) that are occasionally offered for sale by toy solider
              > collectors / dealers. Since I wargame and do not collect traditional
              > toy lead soldiers, I do not have a good list of all makers.
              >
              > However, there is one moldmaker that offers an extensive line of 54mm
              > scale molds for casting your own toy soldiers.
              >
              > http://www.princeaugust.ie/moulds/index.html
              >
              > Regards, and good luck pursuing this effort!
              >
              > Scott

            • stephen connor
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 19, 2002
                hi I would be happy to play test/proof read the senarios if you have nothing
                against an englishmabs point of view

                yours steve connor

                ps have been wargaming acw for 10 years