Re: [TalkAntietam] March trip to Chickamauga

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
      Thanks, Tom, I had forgotten about that. It does peak one's interest.

      I am used to seeing USGS benchmark stones, but that one was different.

      Dave

      In a message dated 11/15/2008 9:20:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      clemenst@... writes:

      Dave,
      The stone in the sidewalk near the National Cemtery that we discussed
      appears to be a survey stone. The interp rangers have no info about it marking
      anything to do with the battle, but they are checking with the Cultural
      Resources Manager to make sure. It did make me wonder too.
      Tom

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
        Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
        2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
        guide....$22.00

        Just saw this in the new Butternut and Blue catalog. Tom Clemens, I
        think you mentioned this to me. Guess we all now have another item for
        our wish lists.

        Stephen Recker
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2008
          Stephen,

          I'm bidding on the 14th CT Reunion book--do you have it or have you
          seen it? Is it a worthwhile book for the 14th? Has anyone else seen
          it?

          Larry F.

          > Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
          > 2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
          > guide....$22.00
          >

          > Just saw this in the new Butternut and Blue catalog. Tom Clemens, I
          > think you mentioned this to me. Guess we all now have another item
          for
          > our wish lists.
          >
          > Stephen Recker

        • James W. Durney
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 18, 2008

            > Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
            > 2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
            > guide....$22.00

            Amazon lists this as a DEC 1st publication date.