Re: [TalkAntietam] March trip to Chickamauga

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
      Dave,
      The stone in the sidewalk near the National Cemtery that we discussed appears to be a survey stone. The interp rangers have no info about it marking anything to do with the battle, but they are checking with the Cultural Resources Manager to make sure. It did make me wonder too.
      Tom
    • DPowell334@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
        Thanks, Tom, I had forgotten about that. It does peak one's interest.

        I am used to seeing USGS benchmark stones, but that one was different.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
          Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
          2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
          guide....$22.00

          Just saw this in the new Butternut and Blue catalog. Tom Clemens, I
          think you mentioned this to me. Guess we all now have another item for
          our wish lists.

          Stephen Recker
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16, 2008
            Stephen,

            I'm bidding on the 14th CT Reunion book--do you have it or have you
            seen it? Is it a worthwhile book for the 14th? Has anyone else seen
            it?

            Larry F.

            > Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
            > 2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
            > guide....$22.00
            >

            > Just saw this in the new Butternut and Blue catalog. Tom Clemens, I
            > think you mentioned this to me. Guess we all now have another item
            for
            > our wish lists.
            >
            > Stephen Recker

          • James W. Durney
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2008

              > Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
              > 2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
              > guide....$22.00

              Amazon lists this as a DEC 1st publication date.