March trip to Chickamauga

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
      Hello, folks.

      Time to post info about the next Chickamauga tours:

      _http://www.chattanoogacwrt.org/studygroup2009.htm_
      (http://www.chattanoogacwrt.org/studygroup2009.htm)

      Thank you for your interest,

      Dave Powell

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
        Dave,
        The stone in the sidewalk near the National Cemtery that we discussed appears to be a survey stone. The interp rangers have no info about it marking anything to do with the battle, but they are checking with the Cultural Resources Manager to make sure. It did make me wonder too.
        Tom
      • DPowell334@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
          Thanks, Tom, I had forgotten about that. It does peak one's interest.

          I am used to seeing USGS benchmark stones, but that one was different.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 15, 2008
            Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
            2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
            guide....$22.00

            Just saw this in the new Butternut and Blue catalog. Tom Clemens, I
            think you mentioned this to me. Guess we all now have another item for
            our wish lists.

            Stephen Recker
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 16, 2008
              Stephen,

              I'm bidding on the 14th CT Reunion book--do you have it or have you
              seen it? Is it a worthwhile book for the 14th? Has anyone else seen
              it?

              Larry F.

              > Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
              > 2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
              > guide....$22.00
              >

              > Just saw this in the new Butternut and Blue catalog. Tom Clemens, I
              > think you mentioned this to me. Guess we all now have another item
              for
              > our wish lists.
              >
              > Stephen Recker

            • James W. Durney
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 18, 2008

                > Rafuse, Ethan. ANTIETAM, SOUTH MOUNTAIN, & HARPERS FERRY. Lincoln,
                > 2008. 320 pp.; m, avail 12/08, maps; wraps; A battlefield
                > guide....$22.00

                Amazon lists this as a DEC 1st publication date.