Thanks to all

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
      We just got back from Sharpsburg, and I wanted to thank everyone for
      their help to make this trip a success. Special thanks goes to Tom
      Clemens who gave us the tip about staying at the Mary Hill house, it was
      a fantastic surprise for my wife (and you know that's a good thing!).
      Also many thanks to Gerry Mayers who patiently answered my questions and
      gave me lots of information. It allowed me to see the field with a
      completely new set of eyes (and the lack of crops helped too).

      One of the fun parts was rolling into Cincinnati with a salt-encrusted
      truck from the snowfall.

      Dave McGowan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2008
        Dear Dave,

        Thank you for your kind words. I hope you appreciate the ground
        even more now that you have been there and can understand why the
        battle, in part, took on the form that it did.

        It is hard to believe so many Americans fell in such a
        concentrated space...not quite two square miles....