re Battle Maps in Taken at the Flood, early September 17th

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
      IF anyone has a copy of TATF, have they noticed that the
      placements of the brigades under G T "Tige" Anderson and under
      Geo. B Anderson appear to be in error?

      It has always been my understanding the Anderson's NC brigade
      was, until early in the morning of September 17th, situated about
      where the Sunken Road crossed into the Boonsboro Turnpike.

      Thoughts?

    • Dean Essig
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2008

        Yes, that looks to be the case. GT Anderson s/b right in front of
        Sharpsburg while GB s/b at the junction of Hog Trough (Sunken) road
        and the Boonesboro Pike. Furthermore, the other parts of D.R. Jones'
        division are posted much closer to the creek than Carmen-Cope shows.
        Part of Evan's Brigade is, at least, where it shows Evans, but the
        rest is back in line just north of GT's Brigade next to the east edge
        of town.

        Interesting.

        Dean