Re: [TalkAntietam] A few photos from the Shepherdstown Ford crossing 9/20/08

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
      Dear Brian,

      Interesting mention of Mallet-Prevost. The founder of a town
      about 3.5 miles from where I live originally came from
      Switzerland and was thought to be French. He had the same
      surname.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
        Thanks Gerry,

        They're direct relations, if you're referring to Frenchtown, NJ.

        Andrew Mallet, son of Frenchtown's founder Paul Henry (Henri)
        Mallet-Prevost, left his dad and went off to Philadelphia between 1795
        and 1810. He was a Major of artillery in the war of 1812. He was our
        Colonel Charles M Prevost's father, the General A.M. Prevost mentioned
        in the bio sketch.

        Small world, eh?

        Brian

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
          Dear Brian,

          Yes, I am mentioning Frenchtown, NJ. Surprised you would know
          about that...