A few photos from the Shepherdstown Ford crossing 9/20/08

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
      I finally put up a few photos and some narrative about our river
      fording excursion of two weekends back. The link to the blog article:

      http://behind.aotw.org/2008/10/05/on-the-trail-of-the-corn-exchange-regiment/

      I know others of you took pics, and they must be better than mine.
      Please contact me if you'd like me to share yours online also. Mine
      were mostly of trees and rocks. I neglected by fellow travelers :)

      Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
        Dear Brian,

        Interesting mention of Mallet-Prevost. The founder of a town
        about 3.5 miles from where I live originally came from
        Switzerland and was thought to be French. He had the same
        surname.

        I finally put up a few photos and some narrative about our river
        fording excursion of two weekends back. The link to the blog
        article:

        http://behind.aotw.org/2008/10/05/on-the-trail-of-the-corn-exchange-regiment/

        I know others of you took pics, and they must be better than
        mine.
        Please contact me if you'd like me to share yours online also.
        Mine
        were mostly of trees and rocks. I neglected by fellow travelers
        :)

        Brian
      • bdowney@aotw.org
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
          Thanks Gerry,

          They're direct relations, if you're referring to Frenchtown, NJ.

          Andrew Mallet, son of Frenchtown's founder Paul Henry (Henri)
          Mallet-Prevost, left his dad and went off to Philadelphia between 1795
          and 1810. He was a Major of artillery in the war of 1812. He was our
          Colonel Charles M Prevost's father, the General A.M. Prevost mentioned
          in the bio sketch.

          Small world, eh?

          Brian

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
            Dear Brian,

            Yes, I am mentioning Frenchtown, NJ. Surprised you would know
            about that...