Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Carman

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
      Funny you should mention this. I just read Tom Desjadin's "These
      Honored Dead: How the Story of Gettysburg Shaped American Memory" in
      which he disputes the accuracy of Norton's "Attack and Defense" much as
      Harsh deconstructs Walker in "Taken at the Flood".

      Stephen

      On Saturday, October 4, 2008, at 09:26 PM, James W. Durney wrote:

      > While not Antietam, Oliver Norton's "Attack and Defense of Little
      > Round Top" is the best example of how history is made that I know of.

    • James W. Durney
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
        However, "history" is that version. I've said it many times, I'm not
        sure we know what we think we do.