Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Carman

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
      Dear Dean,

      I have the Antietam on the Web website already bookmarked and
      have used the campaign maps. What I need is the actual Cope
      Carman maps. The link Dave gave me will work provided I can copy
      the entire URL string.

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
        The source links on that page I sent takes you to the actual Carmen-
        Cope maps. I just sent the AotW address because it had a one word
        hyperlink you could click to get there.

        All 14 maps, fully downloadable.

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
          Funny you should mention this. I just read Tom Desjadin's "These
          Honored Dead: How the Story of Gettysburg Shaped American Memory" in
          which he disputes the accuracy of Norton's "Attack and Defense" much as
          Harsh deconstructs Walker in "Taken at the Flood".

          Stephen

          On Saturday, October 4, 2008, at 09:26 PM, James W. Durney wrote:

          > While not Antietam, Oliver Norton's "Attack and Defense of Little
          > Round Top" is the best example of how history is made that I know of.

        • James W. Durney
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
            However, "history" is that version. I've said it many times, I'm not
            sure we know what we think we do.