Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Carman

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 4, 2008
      Dean,

      It did not come in as one single hyperlinked line.

      If you can tell me where on the memory.loc.gov website I need to
      go, I can search for it myself.

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
        Follow the link below

        http://aotw.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=1

        And click on the "online" link in the paragraph headed "Campaign Maps".

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
          Dear Dean,

          I have the Antietam on the Web website already bookmarked and
          have used the campaign maps. What I need is the actual Cope
          Carman maps. The link Dave gave me will work provided I can copy
          the entire URL string.

          > And click on the "online" link in the paragraph headed
          > "Campaign Maps".
          >

          > On Oct 4, 2008, at 10:27 PM, G E Mayers wrote:
          >
          >> It did not come in as one single hyperlinked line.
          >>
          >> If you can tell me where on the memory.loc.gov website I need
          >> go, I can search for it myself.

        • Dean Essig
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
            The source links on that page I sent takes you to the actual Carmen-
            Cope maps. I just sent the AotW address because it had a one word
            hyperlink you could click to get there.

            All 14 maps, fully downloadable.

            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
              Funny you should mention this. I just read Tom Desjadin's "These
              Honored Dead: How the Story of Gettysburg Shaped American Memory" in
              which he disputes the accuracy of Norton's "Attack and Defense" much as
              Harsh deconstructs Walker in "Taken at the Flood".

              Stephen

              On Saturday, October 4, 2008, at 09:26 PM, James W. Durney wrote:

              > While not Antietam, Oliver Norton's "Attack and Defense of Little
              > Round Top" is the best example of how history is made that I know of.

            • James W. Durney
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 5, 2008
                However, "history" is that version. I've said it many times, I'm not
                sure we know what we think we do.