Re: [TalkAntietam] Crampton's Gap and McLaws

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2008

      Thanks again. I found my copy of TATF and found the reference.
      Interesting side question though... what prompted Lee to order
      McLaws -- in no less than three dictated orders -- to break off
      the operations on Maryland Heights if he did not know until later
      about the fall of Crampton's Gap? Harsh in TATF seems to imply it
      was the disaster at Turner's and Fox's Gaps which made him decide
      to order McLaws to abandon his operations and retreat back to
      Virginia.