Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Sept. 20 Potomac River wading

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
      I hope so - I really wanted to be there. For now I'm looking for a volunteer to write something up for the SHAF website - hopefully with photos. Any takers?

      Harry
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
        Yes that's correct Gerry. Maryland owns the entire Potomac river, Virginia, and now West Virginia, begin above the flood plain on the south bank.

        Larry, thanks for the kind words, it was a great day.

        Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

        Well, it surely helped it was such a beautiful September day to
        do so.....

        Is the MD state line at the shore of W Va like it is for
        Virginia?

        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Clemens"
        <clemenst@...>
        wrote:

        > Well, 2:30 at Antietam VC, but we will wait til 3 if you need
        > it.
        Dinner at the Dunleavy's is included.

        > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

        > I thought it was at 9:00 AM!!! If it's not until three, I
        > might be
        able to
        > make it!
        >
        > Harry

        rain
        > > and low river.
        > >
        > > Are we still meeting at 3 pm at the VC? Carrying dry shoes in
        > > backpack is a good idea?
        > >
        > > Larry F.

      • david lutton
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
          TOM,

          Just wanted to add my thanks to you and Ed and his group for a most unique tour! It ranks at the top of my battlefield trampings for 2008. Hope someone took photos, what a great day!!

          David Lutton
          Hollidaysburg Pa