Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Sept. 20 Potomac River wading

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
      Well, it surely helped it was such a beautiful September day to
      do so.....

      Is the MD state line at the shore of W Va like it is for
      Virginia?

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
        I hope so - I really wanted to be there. For now I'm looking for a volunteer to write something up for the SHAF website - hopefully with photos. Any takers?

        Harry

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
          Yes that's correct Gerry. Maryland owns the entire Potomac river, Virginia, and now West Virginia, begin above the flood plain on the south bank.

          Larry, thanks for the kind words, it was a great day.

          Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

          wrote:

          > Well, 2:30 at Antietam VC, but we will wait til 3 if you need
          > it.
          Dinner at the Dunleavy's is included.

          > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

          > I thought it was at 9:00 AM!!! If it's not until three, I
          > might be
          able to
          > make it!
          >
          > Harry

          rain
          > > and low river.
          > >
          > > Are we still meeting at 3 pm at the VC? Carrying dry shoes in
          > > backpack is a good idea?
          > >
          > > Larry F.

        • david lutton
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 22, 2008
            TOM,

            Just wanted to add my thanks to you and Ed and his group for a most unique tour! It ranks at the top of my battlefield trampings for 2008. Hope someone took photos, what a great day!!

            David Lutton
            Hollidaysburg Pa