New Book that might be of intrest to the group

  • james2044
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 2:59 PM
      I just read "Tempest at Ox Hill" by David A. Welker from Da Capo
      Press. This is the battle of Chantilly and he has done an excellent
      job! This battle gets lost between Bull Run and Antietam, overlooked
      in the change of AOP command and all the other things that cause us
      to "lose" a battle and a battlefield.

      Mr. Welker pulls together the battle and the situation. He manages
      to cover the battle action and the effects of them on the battle and
      on the war. The last two chaptures are worth the price of the book,
      $27.50.

      James
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11 7:00 PM
        There is also a website titled "A Last Salute" about the battle
        of Germantown (Chantilly/Ox Hill). And it is quite complete!

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        http://home.earthlink.net/~gerry1952/index.html

        Edward Lee

        > I just read "Tempest at Ox Hill" by David A. Welker from Da
        Capo
        > Press. This is the battle of Chantilly and he has done an
        excellent
        > job! This battle gets lost between Bull Run and Antietam,
        overlooked
        > in the change of AOP command and all the other things that
        cause us
        > to "lose" a battle and a battlefield.
        >
        > Mr. Welker pulls together the battle and the situation. He
        manages
        > to cover the battle action and the effects of them on the
        battle and
        > on the war. The last two chaptures are worth the price of the
        book,
        > $27.50.
        >
        > James
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor