Re: Lee and McClellan -- The Baltimore Sun

  • William H Keene
    Message 1 of 53 , Sep 18, 2008
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...> wrote:
      > ... Also, how exactly do we think Lee got his hands on these papers?
      > They were IIRC all printed in the cities of their origin - how did
      they get
      > to and through the Confederate pickets and vedettes?

      That is why I decided to look at the Baltimore Sun -- seemed to me that
      most likely major paper he could get copies of while in Frederick.
      Message 53 of 53 , Sep 19, 2008
        Looking at Brown pp. 241 and 325 LT Miner occupied SL on 9/3 and sent
        his last message on 9/5. See also OR's vol. 19/1 p. 117 et seq, and
        19/2 p. 184/186. If anyone finds anything more re messages to/from
        Miner, pls let me know.

        Larry F.