RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: Lee and McClellan

    Message 1 of 53 , Sep 18, 2008
      I tried you first linked and failed, will look at the new attempt now. Do you mean the newspaper got it wrong? I am shocked, shocked, to hear this.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      >>> "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...> 9/18/2008 8:07 AM >>>

      Tom, look again at the link I posted to the Aug. 30 story. It says Mac was
      in charge of the Army of Virginia, Burnside the Army of the Potomac and Pope
      the Army of the Rappahannock.

      Harry

      Message 53 of 53 , Sep 19, 2008
        Looking at Brown pp. 241 and 325 LT Miner occupied SL on 9/3 and sent
        his last message on 9/5. See also OR's vol. 19/1 p. 117 et seq, and
        19/2 p. 184/186. If anyone finds anything more re messages to/from
        Miner, pls let me know.

        Larry F.