Re: Lee and McClellan

  • William H Keene
    Message 1 of 53 , Sep 18, 2008
      NY Times for starters. Reported on August 30 the order putting
      McClellan in charge of all the troops around Washington followed by
      various articles over the next week referring to McClellan in
      command.

      I dont know if Lee got this information but I dont think it
      mattered. I dont buy the argument that he tailored his campaign plan
      based on who he thought was in command on the other side.

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...>
      wrote:

      > Which newspapers, Will. August 30, you say?
      >
      > Harry

      McCellan

      Message 53 of 53 , Sep 19, 2008
        Looking at Brown pp. 241 and 325 LT Miner occupied SL on 9/3 and sent
        his last message on 9/5. See also OR's vol. 19/1 p. 117 et seq, and
        19/2 p. 184/186. If anyone finds anything more re messages to/from
        Miner, pls let me know.

        Larry F.