South Mountain Clean-up!

  • Mark A. Pflum
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 9:27 PM
      Howdy Folks!

      I just got back from helping out at the Fox's Gap area of the South
      Mountain Battlefield State Park. We removed over 100 yards of
      non-historic fence from the large field opposite the Reno Monument.
      It is truly amazing the impact it has upon the appearance of that
      field. If you get a chance, you really ought to take a look and
      appreciate the change!

      There were quite a few volunteers on hand helping both at Fox's and
      Crampton's Gaps. Most of these folks came from either the Central
      Maryland Heritage League or the Friends of South Mountain Battlefield
      Park. Both of these contain a great many highly motivated
      individuals! There was one little nipper there tossing boards around
      who couldn't have been more than 10! They've got big plans for the
      new Park, and it appears they have the volunteer base to make them a
      reality.

      Mark A. Pflum
      (A mind that's a weak and a back that's strong . . . and currently
      very sore ;-))