Re: Help Needed

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
      Gerry,

      Here are some links which may help:

      http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl

      http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl?
      data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmdvhs/gvhs/gvhs01/vhs00297.jp2&itemLink=&titl
      e=&style=defaultstyle&legend=

      http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl?
      data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmdvhs/gvhs/gvhs01/vhs00298.jp2

      Searching in the LOC American Memory could turn up others.

      Brian's maps show the larger perspective.

      Larry F.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
        Thanks for the tip! I have that website saved in my bookmarks
        (i.e. the Antietam etc maps) but have problems opening the images
        after downloading them.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
          Larry;

          Also the links would not open!

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 17, 2008
            Gerry,

            Send me an e-mail to killsour@... with your e-mail
            address and I will send you a Word document and also try to get
            better URL's for the LC maps.

            Larry F.