Re: [TalkAntietam] Help Needed

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
      Offhand, I'd recommend one ofthe Blue & Gray issues which have good, copyable maps.

      Guys,

      I will be making a presentation to a local CWRT the First Tuesday
      of October on Antietam, giving an overview of the campaign. I
      will be using overheads to illustrate my talk and need help.

      Does anyone know if there are single maps pr depictions available
      online for the following??

      1. Battles of South Mountain (Crampton's, Fox's and Turner's
      Gaps)?
      2. A map showing the ANVa retreat from South Mountain and esp
      through Keedysville to Sharpsburg on 15 September?
      3. Initial ANVa lines on Sharpsburg Plateau on 15 September
      through afternoon of 16 September?

      If anyone can help with this, I would be most grateful and will
      be sure to give proper credit.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
        Thanks, Tom. But I do not have any B&G issues here. However, I
        did manage to locate another source which will at least give me
        something workable for September 14th and September 16th.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008

          Here are some links which may help:

          http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl

          http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl?
          data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmdvhs/gvhs/gvhs01/vhs00297.jp2&itemLink=&titl
          e=&style=defaultstyle&legend=

          http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl?
          data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmdvhs/gvhs/gvhs01/vhs00298.jp2

          Searching in the LOC American Memory could turn up others.

          Brian's maps show the larger perspective.

          Larry F.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
            Thanks for the tip! I have that website saved in my bookmarks
            (i.e. the Antietam etc maps) but have problems opening the images
            after downloading them.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
              Larry;

              Also the links would not open!

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 17, 2008

                Send me an e-mail to killsour@... with your e-mail
                address and I will send you a Word document and also try to get
                better URL's for the LC maps.

                Larry F.