Help Needed

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
      Guys,

      I will be making a presentation to a local CWRT the First Tuesday
      of October on Antietam, giving an overview of the campaign. I
      will be using overheads to illustrate my talk and need help.

      Does anyone know if there are single maps pr depictions available
      online for the following??

      1. Battles of South Mountain (Crampton's, Fox's and Turner's
      Gaps)?
      2. A map showing the ANVa retreat from South Mountain and esp
      through Keedysville to Sharpsburg on 15 September?
      3. Initial ANVa lines on Sharpsburg Plateau on 15 September
      through afternoon of 16 September?

      If anyone can help with this, I would be most grateful and will
      be sure to give proper credit.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
          Thanks, Tom. But I do not have any B&G issues here. However, I
          did manage to locate another source which will at least give me
          something workable for September 14th and September 16th.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008

            Here are some links which may help:

            http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl

            http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl?
            data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmdvhs/gvhs/gvhs01/vhs00297.jp2&itemLink=&titl
            e=&style=defaultstyle&legend=

            http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/map_item.pl?
            data=/home/www/data/gmd/gmdvhs/gvhs/gvhs01/vhs00298.jp2

            Searching in the LOC American Memory could turn up others.

            Brian's maps show the larger perspective.

            Larry F.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
              Thanks for the tip! I have that website saved in my bookmarks
              (i.e. the Antietam etc maps) but have problems opening the images
              after downloading them.

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 16, 2008
                Larry;

                Also the links would not open!

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 17, 2008

                  Send me an e-mail to killsour@... with your e-mail
                  address and I will send you a Word document and also try to get
                  better URL's for the LC maps.

                  Larry F.