Fox's Gap this Sunday

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
      In keeping with the real time nature of this year's Maryland Campaign anniversary Steve Stotelmyer will be doing a "real time" walk and talk of the morning engagement at Fox's Gap. Please meet at the Reno Monument at 9:00 AM on Sunday, September 14. The walk will start at the Reno Monument and end at the Reno Monument. The walk will cover about 2 miles and most likely take 2-3 hours (more likely 3). We will be walking on private property normally inaccessible to the public. Participants should dress accordingly. They may want to bring water and insect repellant. There is no charge.
      South Mountain State Battlefield staff will also be conducting a real time walk later in the day covering the afternoon action at Fox's Gap. Site Manager Al Preston has more on that.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008

        Since I can not make it, if Steve has any handouts for his walk,
        would you kindly ask him to mail me one?

        IIRC you should still have my snail mail address.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
          I doubt I'll get there Gerry, SHAF has a table at Heritage Festival in Sharpsburg all weekend. And I've been around Fox's Gap with Steve several times. Sorry.

          Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
            Ok. BTW the Carman info you sent me some time ago has helped with
            my book quite a bit.