Re: [TalkAntietam] Civil War Round Table Alliance

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
      Ok. He could at least have explained why he was posting that
      information though....

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
        Tho' an ad, I'm inclined to give a longstanding group member a little slack.

        It might have been more palatable in a story beginning "so I've got this new thing I'm working ..."
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
          Dear Brian,

          I agree. Do you think he can explain what he hops his alliance
          will accomplish?????

          And its relevance to Sharpsburg?

          > Tho' an ad, I'm inclined to give a longstanding group member a
          > little slack.
          >
          > It might have been more palatable in a story beginning "so I've
          > got this new thing I'm working ..."

        • Harry Smeltzer
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
            Geez, Gerry. Why don't you just ask him? He's right here in the room, you know...

            Harry

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
              George is a great guy and friend of Civil War preservation of long
              standing. I'll even bet Jeb Stuart was on George's property at some
              point during the MD Campaign, which, IMHO, makes anything he says
              relevant to this forum.

              Stephen Recker

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13, 2008
                Stephen,

                I do not think I am questioning his certifications here but
                wondering why he did not at least explain why he was posting his
                material. There is nothing wrong with a little self promoetion,
                as long as it is explained, IMHO.