Re: [TalkAntietam] Civil War Round Table Alliance

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12 10:44 AM
      What is this??? Spam????

      From: "George" <gffranks3@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:41 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Civil War Round Table Alliance

      The Civil War Round Table Alliance offers services unique to the
      needs
      of Civil War Round Tables including:
      - General announcements
      - Meeting and speaker schedules
      - Web site development
      - Web site support
      - Member communications
      - Member support
      - Event support
      - And more

      Civil War Round Table Alliance also offer services for:
      - Authors
      - Speakers
      - Publishers
      - Book sellers
      - Sutlers
      - Historic sites
      - Tour operators
      - Preservation organizations
      - Other Civil War related merchants and professionals

      For more information, contact Civil War Round Table Alliance at:

      gffranks3@...

      Cheers,

      George Franks
      Civil War Round Table Alliance
    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12 12:02 PM
        George has been a member for awhile, I think. He owns the property at Williamsport where Pettigrew was wounded during the retreat from Gettysburg.
        Harry

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12 12:22 PM
          Ok. He could at least have explained why he was posting that
          information though....

          > George has been a member for awhile, I think. He owns the
          > property at Williamsport where Pettigrew was wounded during the
          > retreat from Gettysburg.
          > Harry

        • Brian Downey
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12 1:35 PM
            Tho' an ad, I'm inclined to give a longstanding group member a little slack.

            It might have been more palatable in a story beginning "so I've got this new thing I'm working ..."
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12 1:53 PM
              Dear Brian,

              I agree. Do you think he can explain what he hops his alliance
              will accomplish?????

              And its relevance to Sharpsburg?

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12 2:03 PM
                Geez, Gerry. Why don't you just ask him? He's right here in the room, you know...

                Harry

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 12 7:15 PM
                  George is a great guy and friend of Civil War preservation of long
                  standing. I'll even bet Jeb Stuart was on George's property at some
                  point during the MD Campaign, which, IMHO, makes anything he says
                  relevant to this forum.

                  Stephen Recker

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 13 5:45 AM
                    Stephen,

                    I do not think I am questioning his certifications here but
                    wondering why he did not at least explain why he was posting his
                    material. There is nothing wrong with a little self promoetion,
                    as long as it is explained, IMHO.