RE: [TalkAntietam] Union Reserves

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
      Just southeast of Pittsburgh. Home of the Nickelodeon, G. C. Murphy CO.,
      and the no-relation Murph the Surf, a famous thief of the 1960's.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
        Dave:
        While I was attending the seminar, a friend of mine was checking out all the small local museums and gems around Hagerstown. There are lots of them. You might want to check out these web sites:
        http://www.marylandmemories.org/index.html, (if you go to this site, you can have them send you a great package of brochures. There is an interesting Maryland - off the beaten path booklet. This refers to all of Marylan. Also, http://discoverystation.org/TransportationGallery.html. I know he really enjoyed the C and O Canal in Williamsport - Models of canal boats, pictorial history, memorabilia, etc.
        Willamsport Visitor Center: 205 West Potomac Street, Williamsport, MD 301-582-0813 and the Hager House and the Hagerstown Roundhouse (that doesn't have a roundhouse anymore) http://www.marylandmemories.org/museums.html

        I want to go back and just check out the sites that I have missed before.

        Paula

        From: Dave <gewehr@...>
        Seeing Paula's post about the Boonsborough Museum, it made me wonder
        what else I'm missing. I'm going back to the field in late October,
        what is on everyone's must see list for that area? Where is a favorite
        place to stay?

        Dave