Re: [TalkAntietam] Union Reserves

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
      Dear Stephen,

      Not sure if it is Gettysburg but IMHO it is pretty clearly not
      Sharpsburg. Could it be a battlefield other than Gettysburg, like
      Chickamauga?

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
        Thanks for all of the feedback. The photographer is J.G. McPherson of
        McKeesport Pennsylvania. The back of the card says that it is from a
        series of Gettysburg and Antietam views. I agree, it's probably GB.
        Thanks.

        Stephen

        On Monday, July 28, 2008, at 09:17 PM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

        > I don't recognize it as Antietam.
        >
        > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

        > Anyone know where this is?
        >
        > http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/unionreserves.jpg
        >
        > It's either Antietam or Gettysburg. Thanks.

      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
          Hey, McKeesport is where I was born and raised!

          Harry

          Thanks for all of the feedback. The photographer is J.G. McPherson of
          McKeesport Pennsylvania. The back of the card says that it is from a
          series of Gettysburg and Antietam views. I agree, it's probably GB.
          Thanks.

          Stephen

          On Monday, July 28, 2008, at 09:17 PM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

          > I don't recognize it as Antietam.
          >
          > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

          <mailto:recker%40virtualgettysburg.com> sburg.com> 07/28/08 7:13 PM >>>

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
            Where in blazes is McKeesport?

            Stephen

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
              Stephen,

              IIRC McKeesport is over in western Pennsylvania in the general
              Pittsburgh area.

              > On Tuesday, July 29, 2008, at 07:28 AM, Harry Smeltzer wrote:
              >
              >> Hey, McKeesport is where I was born and raised!
              >>
              >> Harry

            • Harry Smeltzer
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                Just southeast of Pittsburgh. Home of the Nickelodeon, G. C. Murphy CO.,
                and the no-relation Murph the Surf, a famous thief of the 1960's.

              • 128thpa@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
                  Dave:
                  While I was attending the seminar, a friend of mine was checking out all the small local museums and gems around Hagerstown. There are lots of them. You might want to check out these web sites:
                  http://www.marylandmemories.org/index.html, (if you go to this site, you can have them send you a great package of brochures. There is an interesting Maryland - off the beaten path booklet. This refers to all of Marylan. Also, http://discoverystation.org/TransportationGallery.html. I know he really enjoyed the C and O Canal in Williamsport - Models of canal boats, pictorial history, memorabilia, etc.
                  Willamsport Visitor Center: 205 West Potomac Street, Williamsport, MD 301-582-0813 and the Hager House and the Hagerstown Roundhouse (that doesn't have a roundhouse anymore) http://www.marylandmemories.org/museums.html

                  I want to go back and just check out the sites that I have missed before.

                  Paula

                  From: Dave <gewehr@...>
                  Seeing Paula's post about the Boonsborough Museum, it made me wonder
                  what else I'm missing. I'm going back to the field in late October,
                  what is on everyone's must see list for that area? Where is a favorite
                  place to stay?

                  Dave