Union Reserves

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
      Anyone know where this is?

      http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/unionreserves.jpg

      It's either Antietam or Gettysburg. Thanks.

      Stephen Recker
      Interactive Producer

      Another Software Miracle
      P.O. Box 705
      Sharpsburg, MD 21782
      240-217-3664
      800-417-9596

      http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com
      http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
      http://www.virtualantietam.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
          Not for any real solid reason except time on both fields it strikes me more of Gettysburg's terrain as more of the Sharpsburg area is cultivated  This seems more of the area behind Fed lines in PA rather than a lot in Sharpsburg.  two cents and worth almost exactly that!
          Troy

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
            Dear Stephen,

            Not sure if it is Gettysburg but IMHO it is pretty clearly not
            Sharpsburg. Could it be a battlefield other than Gettysburg, like
            Chickamauga?

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
              Thanks for all of the feedback. The photographer is J.G. McPherson of
              McKeesport Pennsylvania. The back of the card says that it is from a
              series of Gettysburg and Antietam views. I agree, it's probably GB.
              Thanks.

              Stephen

              On Monday, July 28, 2008, at 09:17 PM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

              > I don't recognize it as Antietam.
              >
              > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

              > Anyone know where this is?
              >
              > http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/unionreserves.jpg
              >
              > It's either Antietam or Gettysburg. Thanks.

            • Harry Smeltzer
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                Hey, McKeesport is where I was born and raised!

                Harry

                Thanks for all of the feedback. The photographer is J.G. McPherson of
                McKeesport Pennsylvania. The back of the card says that it is from a
                series of Gettysburg and Antietam views. I agree, it's probably GB.
                Thanks.

                Stephen

                On Monday, July 28, 2008, at 09:17 PM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

                > I don't recognize it as Antietam.
                >
                > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

                <mailto:recker%40virtualgettysburg.com> sburg.com> 07/28/08 7:13 PM >>>

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                  Where in blazes is McKeesport?

                  Stephen

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                    Stephen,

                    IIRC McKeesport is over in western Pennsylvania in the general
                    Pittsburgh area.

                    > On Tuesday, July 29, 2008, at 07:28 AM, Harry Smeltzer wrote:
                    >
                    >> Hey, McKeesport is where I was born and raised!
                    >>
                    >> Harry

                  • Harry Smeltzer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
                      Just southeast of Pittsburgh. Home of the Nickelodeon, G. C. Murphy CO.,
                      and the no-relation Murph the Surf, a famous thief of the 1960's.

                    • 128thpa@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
                        Dave:
                        While I was attending the seminar, a friend of mine was checking out all the small local museums and gems around Hagerstown. There are lots of them. You might want to check out these web sites:
                        http://www.marylandmemories.org/index.html, (if you go to this site, you can have them send you a great package of brochures. There is an interesting Maryland - off the beaten path booklet. This refers to all of Marylan. Also, http://discoverystation.org/TransportationGallery.html. I know he really enjoyed the C and O Canal in Williamsport - Models of canal boats, pictorial history, memorabilia, etc.
                        Willamsport Visitor Center: 205 West Potomac Street, Williamsport, MD 301-582-0813 and the Hager House and the Hagerstown Roundhouse (that doesn't have a roundhouse anymore) http://www.marylandmemories.org/museums.html

                        I want to go back and just check out the sites that I have missed before.

                        Paula

                        From: Dave <gewehr@...>
                        Seeing Paula's post about the Boonsborough Museum, it made me wonder
                        what else I'm missing. I'm going back to the field in late October,
                        what is on everyone's must see list for that area? Where is a favorite
                        place to stay?

                        Dave