Civil War Shooting Units

  • George
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 1:06 PM
      Are there any "authentic" recreated Civil War units in the Washington
      DC metro area (Northern Va or suburban Maryland) that are more focused
      on living history (educating the public and themselves)and shooting
      (as in the N-SSA) than re-enactments? If so, contact me off-line. I
      am interested in learning more.

      Regards,
      George Franks
      Bethesda, Maryland
      gffranks3@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28 1:57 PM
        Mr. Franks,

        I've been looking for similar units for some years and have found none.
        It seems that N-SSA units concentrate on shooting only. My wife and I
        have attended several national skirmishes at Winchester and I have
        talked to some members but found none doing both.

        Larry F.