Re: [TalkAntietam] Recker Article in ACW Sept 2008

  • Corey MacLeod
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
      Where can I pick up a copy of this magazine?

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
        I didn't realize it was out yet. Larry, where did you see it?

        Stephen

      • dickeyr46@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
          Steve,
          I received my magazine in the mail yesterday with your article. Remindered me of when you walked the group through town last fall. Good article... good walking tour last fall. You other guys will enjoy Steve's OT Reilly tour in September during the Heritage Festival.
          Ron Dickey
          From: Stephen Recker <recker@...>

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
            Ron,

            Thanks for the kind words. Can't wait to see it.

            Stephen

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
              I also received it in the mail yesterday.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 4, 2008
                Larry,

                Thanks a million for the kind words and for being first on the scene
                with this news. I always seem to be the last to know. I look forward
                to returning the favor when your book comes out!

                Cheers,
                Stephen

                On Friday, July 4, 2008, at 09:31 AM, eighth_conn_inf wrote:

                > Stephen Recker has a great article with many excellent photos in this
                > month's "American Civil War" magazine about O. T. Reilly. Reilly seems
                > to have been quite a character and a favorite topic for Stephen. Thank
                > you!
                >
                > Larry F.
              • Jim Rosebrock
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 7, 2008
                  The magazine is in Barnes and Noble.  It is the September edition.  I just picked it up.
                  Jim

                  I also received it in the mail yesterday.

                  --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, Stephen Recker <recker@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I didn't realize it was out yet. Larry, where did you see it?
                  >
                  > Stephen
                  >

                  > On Friday, July 4, 2008, at 12:06 PM, eighth_conn_ inf wrote:
                  >
                  > > I guess that it would be on newstands now or very soon. Maybe
                  Stephen
                  > > has extras?
                  > >
                  > > Larry
                  > >
                  > > --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, "Corey MacLeod"
                  > > <coreymacleod@ > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Where can I pick up a copy of this magazine?
                  > > >
                  > > > On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 9:31 AM, eighth_conn_ inf
                  > > <eighth_conn_ inf@>

                  > > in this
                  Reilly
                  > > seems
                  Stephen.
                  > > Thank

                • Scott Hann
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 8, 2008
                    Stephen, kudos! I've made a number of trips to my local Borders
                    Bookstore, and today, finally, they had your issue in stock. Great
                    article! O. T. Riley (bless his heart, I misspelled that on purpose)
                    would be proud.

                    --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@...>
                    wrote:

                    > The magazine is in Barnes and Noble. It is the September edition.
                    I just picked it up.
                    > Jim

                  • Corey MacLeod
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 8, 2008
                      I had the pleasure of hearing that article straight from the author's
                      mouth. Stephen, I need some help with an article, if you can spare the
                      time.

                      Corey

                    • Scott Hann
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 9, 2008
                        Corey,

                        If you need any help writing an article about Samuel Wright count me
                        in as well. What's mine is yours.

                        Scott
                      • Corey MacLeod
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 9, 2008
                          Scott, I will be calling on your assistance as well. Thank you sir. How is
                          everything going for you friend?

                          On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Scott Hann <wutheringheights@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Corey,
                          >
                          > If you need any help writing an article about Samuel Wright count me
                          > in as well. What's mine is yours.
                          >
                          > Scott

                        • Scott Hann
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 9, 2008
                            Corey, things are fine, thanks for asking. I know you'll do a great
                            job with the article. No one, but you, should write it!