Re: Shepherdstown Fording

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
      I think this sounds great and I would definitely be willing to kick
      in a fee for a worthy cause. I'm out searching for maps to print out
      already.

      Steve

      > Both are on private property, and have somewhat reclusive owners.
      Another thought for you all:
      > How about arranging a walking tour of Shepherdstown Ford battle,
      including the Cement Mill area, and charge a small fee to raise funds
      for preservation? We may have a source willingto provide some
      refreshments and provide guides, etc. We could still wade the river
      but also help out saving the area and learn more about the battle.
      Details to follow, but what about the concept?

      > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

      > Stephen,
      >
      > What possibility might exist on September 20th to arrange
      additional crossings at
      > Snavely's Ford and Pry Ford? I realize that this request is a
      longshot, but thought I'd ask.

      > Steve
      >
      > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Recker <recker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > September 20th is looking good for the crossing. Tennis shoes and
      > > stick is all you will need.
      > >
      > > Stephen Recker
      > >

      > > On Sunday, June 29, 2008, at 08:38 AM, eighth_conn_inf wrote:
      > >
      > > > If the date works, count me in. (I assume that the river is low
      when we
      > > > go.) My wife sort of volunteered to watch and be ready to call
      911. The
      > > > last time she and I were on the Potomac when it was low several
      years
      > > > ago near Point of Rocks, we saw lots of weeds and two snakes in
      the
      > > > shallow water. We weren't thrilled about swimming/wading then.
      Perhaps