Video Podcasts of Antietam Farms

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
      Antietam Cable Television filmed a series entitled "Historic Homes of Washington County". These are available online as video podcasts. The offerings include Otto Farm, Sherrick Farm, Mumma Farm, Dunker Church, Pry House, and more!.

      Among the tours is the Mary Locher Cabin (given by Ranger Kevin Walker). Since Mary Locher cabin was renting the site to Alfred Poffenberger in 1862, what name would you use for this farm on a battle-period map? You'll note the map used in the video has Mary Locher, with which I am in agreement.

      Visit this site to access the videos:
      http://www.antpod.com/archive.html?podcast_id=50

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008

        I have seen maps giving the name for that Mary Locher cabin as A.
        Poffenberger.