Re: [TalkAntietam] Captain Samuel P. Dick 9 PA Reserves

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008

      Here is the letter Carman sent to Dick in 1897. I'd love to find the
      response. Thanks.

      http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/carman.jpg

      Scott Hann tells me that Pvt. Samuel Johnson on the 9th PA Reserves
      captured the flag of the 1st Texas and won the Medal of Honor for his
      trouble. He says they also captured another flag, but doesn't know
      which one that is.

      Cheers,
      Stephen

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
        Wow, I have seen a few of these letters since some people simply wrote responses on the bottom of the original letter and sent them back. It seems odd that Dick did not respond, so maybe there are missing letters, etc. I'll keep an eye out for it. Is it possible to get a photocopy of this letter? I'd like to include it in directory of Carman letters. Of course I'll credit your collection, etc. There is a letter to Carman from Twiggs describing his wounding and capture, so Scott is very happy.

        >>> Stephen Recker <recker@...> 06/27/08 8:46 AM >>>
        Tom,

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2008

          Thanks for the info. Another mystery to solve. I'll get you a copy of
          the letter as soon as it flattens out and I can scan it.

          And, yes, Scott is very happy about the info you got him.

          Thanks,
          Stephen Recker

        • TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the TalkAntietam
            group.

            File : /SunArticle.jpg
            Uploaded by : mjcllm <mjcllm@...>
            Description : Bloody Lane Painting by Hope Discovered

            You can access this file at the URL:

            Regards,

            mjcllm <mjcllm@...>
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
              Mike;

              Yahoo will NOT let me log into the link.....

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the TalkAntietam
                group.

                File : /Tactical Formations of Lesser Units_1.pdf
                Uploaded by : oldskirmishman <blink88@...>
                Description : Tactical Formations Document

                oldskirmishman <blink88@...>