Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: HF Prisoners

  • Troy Cool
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 26, 2008
      Fellows,
      It is my understanding that after the parole the units left under the command and discipline of thier own officers (one reason the officers retained thier side arms) and were not technically under guard until they had returned to Federal lines. Here they then were dealt with in various manners to prevent desertion etc.  I believe the first troops encountered would have been Franklin's Corps but have not read of the actual exchange.  Anyone know those details?

    • Troy Cool
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 26, 2008
        Sorry,

        Sincerely,