New file uploaded to TalkAntietam

  • TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 20 4:56 PM
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the TalkAntietam
      group.

      File : /Weiser Letters.pdf
      Uploaded by : akula77 <gewehr@...>
      Description : Weiser Letters (PDF)

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      akula77 <gewehr@...>
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 22 6:57 AM
        Does anyone have the reply that Sam Dick sent to Carman respecting his
        actions at Antietam? I'm guessing Tom Clemens would be my best bet, but
        thought I'd put it out. Thanks.

        Stephen Recker
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 23 9:13 AM
          Steve,
          There is nothing in my records for Capt. Sam Dick at all. I know he commanded the regiment in the battle, did Carman write to him? Do you have something suggesting they spoke? If you do I'd like to have a copy.
          Sometimes when Camran wrote to veterans they used the same paper to respond, so we know what he asked them. Other times we can only guess by the responses given.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27 5:46 AM

            Here is the letter Carman sent to Dick in 1897. I'd love to find the
            response. Thanks.

            http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/carman.jpg

            Scott Hann tells me that Pvt. Samuel Johnson on the 9th PA Reserves
            captured the flag of the 1st Texas and won the Medal of Honor for his
            trouble. He says they also captured another flag, but doesn't know
            which one that is.

            Cheers,
            Stephen

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28 2:20 PM
              Wow, I have seen a few of these letters since some people simply wrote responses on the bottom of the original letter and sent them back. It seems odd that Dick did not respond, so maybe there are missing letters, etc. I'll keep an eye out for it. Is it possible to get a photocopy of this letter? I'd like to include it in directory of Carman letters. Of course I'll credit your collection, etc. There is a letter to Carman from Twiggs describing his wounding and capture, so Scott is very happy.

              >>> Stephen Recker <recker@...> 06/27/08 8:46 AM >>>
              Tom,

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29 3:06 AM

                Thanks for the info. Another mystery to solve. I'll get you a copy of
                the letter as soon as it flattens out and I can scan it.

                And, yes, Scott is very happy about the info you got him.

                Thanks,
                Stephen Recker

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the TalkAntietam
                  group.

                  File : /SunArticle.jpg
                  Uploaded by : mjcllm <mjcllm@...>
                  Description : Bloody Lane Painting by Hope Discovered

                  mjcllm <mjcllm@...>
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
                    Mike;

                    Yahoo will NOT let me log into the link.....

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 6, 2011
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the TalkAntietam
                      group.

                      File : /Tactical Formations of Lesser Units_1.pdf
                      Uploaded by : oldskirmishman <blink88@...>
                      Description : Tactical Formations Document

                      oldskirmishman <blink88@...>