Re: [TalkAntietam] Letter Transcripts from John S. Weiser, Co. G, 130th Vol. Inf. Rgt.

  • robert blama
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
      worth the time
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: thirdpaclugh
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:23 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Letter Transcripts from John S. Weiser, Co. G, 130th Vol. Inf. Rgt.

      Hey,

      I have transcripts of five letters from Pvt. John S. Weiser before and
      after the battle of Antietam. I will post them on the list if anyone
      is interested. I procured them from the park ranger several years ago.
      The descriptions are quite vivid and interesting.

      Let me know if it is worth the time to copy them and place them on file.

      Dave Clugh

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
        David,

        I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
        filtered the letters out?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008

          Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
          letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file extension.
          Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't read
          docx files.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
            Larry;

            It appears I am not getting them at all!

            I do not use the web based board.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
              It would be nice if he could post them directly rather than as
              attachments.

              Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
              letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file
              extension.
              Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't
              read
              docx files.

              > David,
              >
              > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
              > filtered the letters out?

              > from

            • Jim Rosebrock
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                Here are the letters as a word 2003 doc attached to this emai for anyone having difficulties

                It would be nice if he could post them directly rather than as
                attachments.

                Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
                letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file
                extension.
                Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't
                read
                docx files.

                Larry

                --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@. ..>
                wrote:

                > David,
                >
                > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                > filtered the letters out?

                > from

              • Jim Rosebrock
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                  Let me try again

                  wrote:

                  > David,
                  >
                  > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                  > filtered the letters out?

                  > from

                • Harry Smeltzer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                    Jim,

                    You can't send attachments to the group. Yahoo deletes them.

                    Gerry,

                    If you want to read what Jim posted, go to the Yahoo site. Log in and you can read them there. That's what the files feature is for.

                    Harry

                    wrote:

                    > David,
                    >
                    > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                    > filtered the letters out?

                    > from

                  • Jim Rosebrock
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                      THanks.  Didnt know that when I tried to send it out

                      From: Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@ yahoo.com>

                      To: TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com

                      Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 7:15 PM

                      From: G E Mayers <gerry1952@verizon. net>