Re:Letter Transcripts from John S. Weiser, Co. G, 130th Vol. Inf. Rgt.

  • David Clugh
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
      I have created a new file in the file section of the group page that include the letters. They are on a single document with five pages one for each letter.

      Enjoy the reading.

      BTW. the spelling is exactly as was transcribed. J.S.W. did not do much punctuation...He must have been fairly educated as otherwise he does a fair job in describing things.

      Dave Clugh

      Sergeant, 3rd PA Light Inf. Coy.

      www.hmisite.com

    • robert blama
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
        worth the time
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
          David,

          I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
          filtered the letters out?

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
            Gerry,

            Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
            letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file extension.
            Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't read
            docx files.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
              Larry;

              It appears I am not getting them at all!

              I do not use the web based board.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                It would be nice if he could post them directly rather than as
                attachments.

                Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
                letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file
                extension.
                Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't
                read
                docx files.

                > David,
                >
                > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                > filtered the letters out?

                > from

              • Jim Rosebrock
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                  Here are the letters as a word 2003 doc attached to this emai for anyone having difficulties

                  It would be nice if he could post them directly rather than as
                  attachments.

                  Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
                  letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file
                  extension.
                  Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't
                  read
                  docx files.

                  Larry

                  --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@. ..>
                  wrote:

                  > David,
                  >
                  > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                  > filtered the letters out?

                  > from

                • Jim Rosebrock
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                    Let me try again

                    wrote:

                    > David,
                    >
                    > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                    > filtered the letters out?

                    > from

                  • Harry Smeltzer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                      Jim,

                      You can't send attachments to the group. Yahoo deletes them.

                      Gerry,

                      If you want to read what Jim posted, go to the Yahoo site. Log in and you can read them there. That's what the files feature is for.

                      Harry

                      wrote:

                      > David,
                      >
                      > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                      > filtered the letters out?

                      > from

                    • Jim Rosebrock

                        From: Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@ yahoo.com>