Re: Letter Transcripts from John S. Weiser, Co. G, 130th Vol. Inf. Rgt.

  • Scott Hann
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
      Ditto! I'd love to see if they mention LTC Levi Maish or Lt. William
      A. Givler.
    • David Clugh
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
        I have created a new file in the file section of the group page that include the letters. They are on a single document with five pages one for each letter.

        Enjoy the reading.

        BTW. the spelling is exactly as was transcribed. J.S.W. did not do much punctuation...He must have been fairly educated as otherwise he does a fair job in describing things.

        Dave Clugh

        Sergeant, 3rd PA Light Inf. Coy.

        www.hmisite.com

      • robert blama
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 19, 2008
          worth the time
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
            David,

            I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
            filtered the letters out?

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008

              Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
              letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file extension.
              Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't read
              docx files.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                Larry;

                It appears I am not getting them at all!

                I do not use the web based board.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                  It would be nice if he could post them directly rather than as
                  attachments.

                  Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
                  letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file
                  extension.
                  Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't
                  read
                  docx files.

                  > David,
                  >
                  > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                  > filtered the letters out?

                  > from

                • Jim Rosebrock
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                    Here are the letters as a word 2003 doc attached to this emai for anyone having difficulties

                    It would be nice if he could post them directly rather than as
                    attachments.

                    Click on "Files" in the links on the upper left of this page. The
                    letters are there except they are in Word 2007--docx file
                    extension.
                    Microsoft has a compatability package to download if you can't
                    read
                    docx files.

                    Larry

                    --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@. ..>
                    wrote:

                    > David,
                    >
                    > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                    > filtered the letters out?

                    > from

                  • Jim Rosebrock
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                      Let me try again

                      wrote:

                      > David,
                      >
                      > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                      > filtered the letters out?

                      > from

                    • Harry Smeltzer
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                        Jim,

                        You can't send attachments to the group. Yahoo deletes them.

                        Gerry,

                        If you want to read what Jim posted, go to the Yahoo site. Log in and you can read them there. That's what the files feature is for.

                        Harry

                        wrote:

                        > David,
                        >
                        > I did not see an attachment with files. Perhaps the group email
                        > filtered the letters out?

                        > from

                      • Jim Rosebrock
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 20, 2008
                          THanks.  Didnt know that when I tried to send it out

                          From: Jim Rosebrock <pointsalines@ yahoo.com>

                          To: TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com

                          Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 7:15 PM

                          From: G E Mayers <gerry1952@verizon. net>