Another Introduction

  • thirdpaclugh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2008
      I am not an author or professional historian but am very interested in
      the Battle of Antietam and have read several books on the battle. I
      have found two ancestors who fought in that battle, one for the 130th
      PVI of Morris' Brigade and the other with the 11th PVI. There is, I
      believe, a Brady photo of the 130th burying the dead in front of
      Bloody Lane. From my reading, it was a "punishment detail" for the
      regiment because of the complaints made about the Provost Guard not
      allowing them to remove their shoes before they forded upper Antietam
      Creek near the Pry House as they marched into battle later fighting in
      front of the suken road near the Roulette Lane and in the Mumma
      Cornfield.

      I hope to learn much from this group.

      Respectfully,

      Dave Clugh