Re: Fire on the Mountain

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
      Steve,

      Thanks for the pictures. We did not attend mainly due to the heat.
      Tom and the reenactors must have suffered in their woolen uniforms!

      Larry F.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
        Larry,

        That same day, I was in a Civil War wedding and I suffered in the
        heat!

        Thanks for the pictures. We did not attend mainly due to the
        heat.
        Tom and the reenactors must have suffered in their woolen
        uniforms!

        Larry F.

        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <myness@...> wrote:

        > I just posted a few pictures to my blog at
        > http://cwbattlefields.blogspot.com from the Fire on the
        > Mountain
        event
        > held at Fox's Gap last weekend. The rebels had four Napoleons
        deployed
        > where Bondurant's battery fought at the gap, and a Federal
        > section
        > deployed about 600 yards away for simulated counterbattery
        > fire.
        >
        > I'll try to post a few more within the next day or so. Being a
        little
        > absent-minded, I did not ask what groups of reenactors
        > participated
        in

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
          When we had our CW wedding in the Dahlgren Chapel in October a few
          years ago it was delightful; I can't imagine wearing that clothing in
          95+ degrees.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
            Larry;

            My wife and I renewed our vows as a CW wedding locally.... It was
            tough but we managed....