Re: [TalkAntietam] Fire on the Mountain

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2008
      For fans of South Mountain, the NPS has announced...

      From Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend 2008, there will be a guided van tour of South Mountain. The tour will meet at the Antietam Battlefield Visitor Center and park staff will drive participants to the three battle gaps. The tours will leave at 10:00 a.m. and return to Antietam two hours later on Saturdays and Sundays

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
        Steve,

        Thanks for the pictures. We did not attend mainly due to the heat.
        Tom and the reenactors must have suffered in their woolen uniforms!

        Larry F.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
          Larry,

          That same day, I was in a Civil War wedding and I suffered in the
          heat!

          Thanks for the pictures. We did not attend mainly due to the
          heat.
          Tom and the reenactors must have suffered in their woolen
          uniforms!

          Larry F.

          --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <myness@...> wrote:

          > I just posted a few pictures to my blog at
          > http://cwbattlefields.blogspot.com from the Fire on the
          > Mountain
          event
          > held at Fox's Gap last weekend. The rebels had four Napoleons
          deployed
          > where Bondurant's battery fought at the gap, and a Federal
          > section
          > deployed about 600 yards away for simulated counterbattery
          > fire.
          >
          > I'll try to post a few more within the next day or so. Being a
          little
          > absent-minded, I did not ask what groups of reenactors
          > participated
          in

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
            When we had our CW wedding in the Dahlgren Chapel in October a few
            years ago it was delightful; I can't imagine wearing that clothing in
            95+ degrees.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
              Larry;

              My wife and I renewed our vows as a CW wedding locally.... It was
              tough but we managed....