Which New York regiments encamped in Dargan?

  • Scott Hann
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      Recently a friend bought an S.N.Y. (State of New York) beltplate dug
      near Antietam, and I'm trying to help him identify which New York
      regiments were encamped in the area where it was recovered. The plate
      was found 30 years ago, with permission of the land owner, on the west
      side of the old Harpers Ferry Road west of the Antietam Creek in an
      area called Dargan. Does anyone know which New York regiments
      encamped in this area? Thanks, Scott