Re: 8th Connecticut Monument

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2008

      I have never read anything that said that any organized Union troops
      got to the Harpers Ferry Road although as you state the 8th CT and
      9th NY did get close.

      And I agree that if Little Mac had committed Porter and Pleasonton in
      mid afternoon at the Middle Bridge in conjunction with Burnside's
      attack, Lee would have been pushed out of the cemetery. Of course
      posting cavalry on his flanks would have let Mac and Burn know when
      Hill arrived but Mac's use of his cavalry was pathetic on 17