RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: "Unfurl those colors!"

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 53 , May 8 5:58 PM
      I guess I read it differently. With 6th Corps already on the field, what
      Armstrong is saying is that Sumner expected McClellan to commit the reserve
      (5th Corps) to an offensive. This after he spent time explaining why Sumner
      made his own force's disposition as he did, including a reserve. I don't
      think Mahan taught that a reserve was disposable for offense, and neither
      did Armstrong describe it as such.

      Harry

      Message 53 of 53 , May 30 10:27 AM
        Ok. Thanks....