Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: AP Hill's route vs the route taken by the other divisions to Antietam

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 25 7:27 AM
      Dear Steve,

      That new trail must be something! Also, do you know that where
      the present SR65 bypass is largely where the lead brigade of
      Sedgwick's division fought it out with some of the Confederate
      brigades immediately prior to being "bushwhacked"?

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 25 12:31 PM
        Gerry,

        I checked the War College guide at lunch - I didn't realize the 15th MA
        was Gorman's flank regiment, or that the right of his line was actually
        on the other side of the bypass. I haven't spent much time in the West
        Woods in the past, and I'm looking forward to going back after I finish
        the new Armstrong book.

        Steve