Re: Regiments Brigaded Together

  • joseph_pierro
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2008
      Dean:

      As a practical matter (at least for part of the war), yes (which is
      to say, it isn't just an ad hoc arrangement for Sept. 17).
      Technically speaking, though, no -- it's never a "permanent" fusion.

      The 2d and the 10th U.S., for instance, are (at least on paper) two
      distinct regimental organizations for the duration.

      Hence, you'll see that on Poland's after-action report for Antietam,
      he signs himself as "Captain Second Infantry, Comdg. Second and Tenth
      Infantry."

      --jake

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Dean Essig <dean_essig@...>