Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Bees in the Bloody Lane

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2008
      Vince can answer this himself when you see him, but I know the book is an expansion of his doctoral dissertation, and a lot of professors, although not all, :-), don't know that stuff.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      >>> <RoteBaron@...> 3/26/2008 8:13 AM >>>

      Gerry,

      I'm reading Armstrong's book now, but am only at AOP's arrival at Frederick.

      I am not sure why Chapter 2 (Corps d'Armee) belongs in a study of the II Corps. It is essentially a basic review of CW armaments, formations, and tactics. Perhaps some of this infomation will offer insight (in later chapters) regarding the experiences of Sumner's units on the battlefield.

      As an avid student of II Corps at Antietam, I've given battlewalks of each of those divisions' attacks and welcome the additional material in this book. The author provides exceptional detail on the II Corps' units, leaders, and their routes of march as they move thru Maryland .

      From: "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@...>

      Dear Tom,

      Thanks! If you have a copy of Armstrong's new book (and I would
      be shocked if you did not, knowing you!), how does what Carman
      says square with what Vince Armstrong has unearthed?

      Yr. Obt. Svt.
      G E "Gerry" MayersRecent Activity
      3New Members
      Visit Your Group