Carman comedy of errors

  • joseph_pierro
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2008
      Just a quick FYI for those of you who ordered from Amazon. (Several of
      you emailed me with questions over the weekend, and I only just
      received a response from the publisher.)

      If you got an email message from Amazon saying, "We're having problems
      getting this book," they really aren't. There's just been some sort of
      mix-up in communications between their computers and the publisher's
      system.

      The Amazon page lists the book as being available on 3/17. As it
      happens, that's actually the date the books showed up at the
      PUBLISHER'S warehouse. They then have to break down the orders, ship
      them to the institutional purchasers (like Amazon), who then have to
      package them and ship them to their individual customers. (I have my
      books already because the author -- or editor, in my case -- gets his
      books straight from the assembly line.)

      That 3/17 date should really have been a week or ten days later to
      account for all of that.

      So, long story short, as soon as those books get into the Amazon
      warehouse, they'll start shipping.

      All best,

      --jake
    • Dean Essig
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2008
        Thanks for the update Jake!

        --- joseph_pierro <joseph_pierro@...> wrote:

        > Just a quick FYI for those of you who ordered from
        > Amazon. (Several of
        > you emailed me with questions over the weekend, and
        > I only just
        > received a response from the publisher.)
        >
        > If you got an email message from Amazon saying,
        > "We're having problems
        > getting this book," they really aren't. There's just
        > been some sort of
        > mix-up in communications between their computers and
        > the publisher's
        > system.
        >
        > The Amazon page lists the book as being available on
        > 3/17. As it
        > happens, that's actually the date the books showed
        > up at the
        > PUBLISHER'S warehouse. They then have to break down
        > the orders, ship
        > them to the institutional purchasers (like Amazon),
        > who then have to
        > package them and ship them to their individual
        > customers. (I have my
        > books already because the author -- or editor, in my
        > case -- gets his
        > books straight from the assembly line.)
        >
        > That 3/17 date should really have been a week or ten
        > days later to
        > account for all of that.
        >
        > So, long story short, as soon as those books get
        > into the Amazon
        > warehouse, they'll start shipping.
        >
        > All best,
        >
        > --jake